Star Trek Online
atari and cryptic studios launch season two: ancient enemies, the latest content update for star trek online
New Star Trek Online Season Launches
Atari, one of the world’s most recognized publishers and producers of interactive entertainment, and renowned MMO developer Cryptic Studios, have today announced the availability of Season Two: Ancient Enemies, the latest content update for the Star Trek Online universe. Season Two: Ancient Enemies is available at no additional cost to current Star Trek Online players. The content update allows players to encounter and battle even more of Star Trek’s iconic races, and enjoy all new Episodes.
Star Trek Online’s Season Two: Ancient Enemies boasts the following new features:
- A new level cap: players can now reach level 51. (The previous level cap was 45.) With the increase come new ranks within the Federation and Klingon factions.
- All new rewards and content: including new Tier 5 ships, high-level versions of every Special Task Force mission and Fleet Action, and Mark XI gear rewards.
- Eight brand new Episodes: tailored specifically for the Klingon Empire, these Episodes star the Fek'ihri, the fabled enemy of Kahless, founder of the Klingon Empire. In Season Two, the Fek'ihri have returned and have again set their eyes upon Qo'noS.
- A brand new gameplay option: the Federation Diplomatic Corps. In this new system, players have the chance to meet and peacefully interact with brand new civilizations. As players progress through the Diplomatic Corps, they earn special ranks and rewards.
- Feature Episodes: five special new Episodes will debut weekly, beginning in August. These Episodes will introduce a new neutral race: the Deferi. Players of any level from both factions will be able to aid the Deferi against an adversary new to Star Trek Online.
- Dabo: a longtime staple of social areas in the Star Trek Universe, the casino game Dabo is coming to Star Trek Online. Players can wager energy credits to earn gold-pressed latinum, which they can exchange for special new rewards.
Season Two: Ancient Enemies also permits players to continue interaction with the Undine, venturing into their native Fluidic space to learn more about the enigmatic species and their struggle with the Borg. The Undine story continues with five new Episodes, a Fleet Action and all new Deep Space Encounters.
Taking place in the year 2409, Star Trek Online boasts extraordinary features and lets fans both new and old experience unparalleled adventures. Players have the opportunity to become high-ranking Starfleet officers and participate in missions that take them into the depths of space, across exotic planets and inside other starships. Star Trek Online offers total customization, from a player's avatar to the ship he captains.
Images de Star Trek Online
Vidéo de Star Trek Online
Titre : Star Trek Online
Editeur : Atari
Studio : Cryptic Studios
Plateformes : PC online
Date de sortie : à définir
ABOUT ATARI, SA
Atari group is a global creator, producer and publisher of interactive entertainment for key platforms, including online (casual, social, MMO), PC, consoles from Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony, and advanced smart phones (i.e. iPhone, Android and RIM devices). Atari benefits from the strength of its worldwide brand and its extensive catalogue of iconic game franchises (Asteroids®, Centipede®, Missile Command®, Lunar Lander®), original owned franchises (Test Drive®, Backyard Sports®, Deer Hunter®, Champions Online) and third party franchises (Ghostbusters®, Rollercoaster Tycoon®, Dungeons and Dragons®, Star Trek). To play games and get other information please visit www.atari.com © 2010 Atari Europe SASU. All rights reserved.Atari word mark and logo are trademarks owned by Atari Interactive, Inc.
About Cryptic Studios
Based in Los Gatos, CA, Cryptic Studios is a leading developer of massively multiplayer online games committed to delivering the next level of MMO gameplay. Cryptic develops AAA titles for PC and consoles, including Star Trek Online and Champions Online. For more information on Cryptic Studios, please visit the official website at: www.crypticstudios.com. Cryptic word mark and logo are trademarks owned by Cryptic Studios, Inc.